• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To the attention of Mouse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the attention of Mouse

Mouse,

Can you please tell me why Saga GMs felt that it was a good idea to remove all the +1 and +2 weapon dealers from the game? Apparently, the only way to obtain these items now are to purchase them in webshop or spend months trying to craft them. Original Vircom content should never be touched!!! Not everyone wants to craft! I have no intentions of crafting, but Saga GM's want to make everyone spend months crafting to obtain +1 and +2 weapons that should be able to purchase regardless!

~Evander
    Last edited by Evander; 09-01-2013, 10:17 AM.
    Laid to Rest( Havoc )
    Deimos - 4x 230 Dragoon
    Osiris - 4x 211 Battlemage
    Pavati - 4x 220 Water Mage
    Nebula - 4x 199 Fire Mage
    Khepri - 4x 182 Light Mage
    WetYourDiaper - 4x 150 Poison Archer
    Jackpot - 4x 100 Archer

(Saga)
    Paschar - 3x 142 Air Mage
    Popcorn - 3x 140 Archer
    Deimos - 2x 11 Earth Mage

We as players are entitled to play The 4th Coming the way it was originally intended. By removing a core aspect of the ORIGINAL VIRCOM content, you are forcing players to do crafting when they may have no interest in doing it. Crafting should be an option, not a necessity.

~E
    Laid to Rest( Havoc )
    Deimos - 4x 230 Dragoon
    Jackpot - 4x 100 Archer

(Saga)
    Popcorn - 3x 140 Archer

Comment

Not having a go Evander, but I'm puzzled to your reasoning for asking for a refund. I will try and explain what I mean.

Fonr gem nerf applied to multiple servers ... Vircom content. Pretty sure you were on Havoc when they applied it. Is it because you didn't use gemmies that you didn't ask for a refund then?
      Entangle adjusted on multiple servers ... Vircom content.
      Sanctuary adjusted.
      Pman adjusted.
      Armor added to game that was never added to game (incomplete full sets completed by servers).
      The list continues and is quite large on modifications to Vircom content on nearly all the servers.

I would think there would be better things to complain about other than +1 and +2 weapons if you were going to bring up Vircom content, just saying

Good luck with the refund.
      Last edited by Kustodian; 09-01-2013, 09:07 AM.

Comment

@Kustodian

Do you think it is okay that +1 and +2 items are only obtainable through crafting? Do you think everyone wants to spend months of their time crafting. Take a look at Saga's webshop. Would you pay 100$ for a Lancewood +3? +1 and +2 dealers are an essential element of the game t4c. Players should have the option to buy these items like the game was originally designed. Crafting should be an extra option to acquire the items, but not the only way to get them.

~E
        Laid to Rest( Havoc )
        Deimos - 4x 230 Dragoon
        Jackpot - 4x 100 Archer

(Saga)
        Popcorn - 3x 140 Archer

Comment

Fonr gem nerf applied to multiple servers ... Vircom content. Pretty sure you were on Havoc when they applied it. Is it because you didn't use gemmies that you didn't ask for a refund then?
          Entangle adjusted on multiple servers ... Vircom content.
          Funny thing is, I wasn't talking about that was I? So it's perfectly fine that 2/3's of the weapons in the game are now exclusive to crafting. It's annoying enough as it is trying to level as a melee class, but you throw crafting on top of that.

~E
          Laid to Rest( Havoc )
          Deimos - 4x 230 Dragoon
          Jackpot - 4x 100 Archer

(Saga)
          Popcorn - 3x 140 Archer

Comment

I get where you're coming from to a point. I get what Saga's trying to do as well to a point.

They possibly took it to the extreme by removing them when added weapons to the craft list I agree. But have you ever played a current online rpg where they best items were merchant bought or monster drops? This is why I get where Saga is coming from.

Personally, I wouldn't mind a server that kept the original content, and made it so you could plus the items more. I seen a writeup somewhere about a dev who wanted to introduce +10 items working off the original content as follows
            a +1 vircom item would be a +3 New item
            +2 vircom would a +5 new item
            +3 vircom would be a +7 new item

This was before the crafting system was in-game, those items would of still been ingame just renamed, so if you went to LotS you would be buying +7's and would then have to up those to +10 crafting them somehow. Again, this is why I see where you are coming from, but if they weren't available in shops I am pretty sure I would aim to get those +10's That is just me though.

Sorry for the rambling.

Comment

These changes were apparently made to the server almost a year ago by old HGM. From what I gather, most people hate that you cannot purchase +1's a +2's. I get the idea behind it, but I think it makes things a lot more difficult and boring. People such as myself are not big into spending hours every day farming craft items for a +2 bow that I will use for maybe 5 levels and then need to upgrade it at some point... Like you said, there have been some changes to Vircom content in the past, but I don't think they should have deleted the weapons dealers. Players who are new to the game are going to have a hard time trying to master crafting, and some people will give up on the server as soon as they find out they cannot purchase enhanced weapons.

I think it is okay that all the weapons can be crafted, but maybe instead of getting rid of the NPC's they could just make some new weapons that are exclusive to crafting. I understand they wanted to make crafting more important, but it's something that myself and many players do not agree with.

~E
              Laid to Rest( Havoc )
              Deimos - 4x 230 Dragoon
              Jackpot - 4x 100 Archer

(Saga)
              Popcorn - 3x 140 Archer

Comment

I think that Crafting is a nice addition to T4C, however I think that its use is going to hurt the Game in General. you have to remember T4C is the online MMORPG that is running "Server Leaders" who have no Gaming Education or Business Education, T4C is ran by regular joe's. even the V2 team is not educated in the area of study that they are working in for T4C.

with that said, the lack of Educated individuals to do the jobs needed is the reasoning for the decline of the game. Evander is right here.

And I think Crafting needs to be held off for a while until people can get it figured out as to how it will work. I have been contacting V2 team for Specs on T4C Graphics, this is just one Graphic I've done, this Cape is superior in texture and appearance to current T4C Capes. I have been creating things slowly every day and have art skills which are now being put to use in my own private time. "Educate yourselves" and T4C can change.

cape2 (1).jpg

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't mind a server that kept the original content, and made it so you could plus the items more.
                  That's what I mean. They could return the dealers, and instead create +4 variants of all the weapons, and make them exclusive to crafting.
                  Laid to Rest( Havoc )
                  Deimos - 4x 230 Dragoon
                  Jackpot - 4x 100 Archer

(Saga)
                  Popcorn - 3x 140 Archer

Comment

Originally posted by Evander View Post
                    I think it is okay that all the weapons can be crafted, but maybe instead of getting rid of the NPC's they could just make some new weapons that are exclusive to crafting. I understand they wanted to make crafting more important, but it's something that myself and many players do not agree with.
                    Fair call Will leave it at that, again, good luck with the refund I can understand your frustration.

Comment

with that said, the lack of Educated individuals to do the jobs needed is the reasoning for the decline of the game. Evander is right here.
                      At some point if T4C's player base picked up and we had 50-100 players on each server I'm sure Mark would invest more resources into training staff and possibly even paying the staff members. Hopefully all the new improvements made within the last year will help draw more players in. Advertising definitely needs to happen tho.
                      Laid to Rest( Havoc )
                      Deimos - 4x 230 Dragoon
                      Jackpot - 4x 100 Archer

(Saga)
                      Popcorn - 3x 140 Archer

Comment

Fair call Will leave it at that, again, good luck with the refund I can understand your frustration.
                        Well to be honest, I'm not really asking for a refund lol. I'm just highly frustrated because I cannot see myself sitting at the computer for hours every day trying to get something that I could of just bought before. I had no idea that these changes were made to Saga until I went to Arakas +1 and +2 dealer and was like "where the hell are these guys?"
                        Laid to Rest( Havoc )
                        Deimos - 4x 230 Dragoon
                        Jackpot - 4x 100 Archer

(Saga)
                        Popcorn - 3x 140 Archer

Comment

I don't see any of the additions helping T4C's case, since this all started we've noticed a lot of players leaving. and the only server anyone wants is Abomination due to its "Original" T4C feel. people want the old T4C back and thats not my opinion its based on what everyone in these forums keep asking for.

Mouse this thread is to "your attention" you've stated staff members need to stop fighting each other because it makes T4C look bad and will hurt its population. But then you come out of no where at all to strike at Members when you think you can turn the community against them to further your hatred. This hurts T4C more than anything.

As I said 1 year ago, and as Evander said more recently and as everyone here thinks of it sometimes. I think less of Mouse on the forums, less of Stinga on the forums and more of Mark would benefit this Game.

Mouse Nor Stinga have the professionalism to socially keep this game floating. but when Mark posts it has something more in it, and I believe for this game to survive another Year or two minimum, then Mark needs to become more active on its forums and talk to its members.

Comment

Originally posted by Evander View Post
                            "where the hell are these guys?"
                            Could actually see myself doing that lol.

Comment

Well, I will speak on behalf of Hammer.

Hammer has surprised me quite a bit. He apologized to me the other day, and I accepted his apology and gave him an apology myself. Two people who have bitterly feuded with each other on the t4cbible forum are able to set aside their issues and agree to work together. I have seen so much shit that pisses me off about this game in the last 2 years. I have tried to sit back and bite my tongue, but I really can't let a game I've grown to love become a pile of shit. However, I see that arguing gets nowhere on this forum. I give Hammer a lot of respect for coming to me and trying to settle differences. Hopefully we can all learn to do the same thing and try to solve problems together instead of against each other.

~Evander
                              Laid to Rest( Havoc )
                              Deimos - 4x 230 Dragoon
                              Jackpot - 4x 100 Archer

(Saga)
                              Popcorn - 3x 140 Archer