• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To the attention of Mouse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are kind of beating a dead horse on this topic. We as old timers here were against this from the start but it happened anyway.

I agree it should be an option. I know of players spent the better part of six months and no where close to being the top crafting. We had figured on average with game and play time it would take around 1 year to max a profession if you just concentrated on it. The problem is, you need the help of other professions to help each other. So you have to make multiple characters to really have a chance to master 1 profession, which adds more time to that profession. I know, this was intended to increase trade and the use of the Auction House, but in reality with the amount of constant players it really just made people quit the professions.

I personally spent 4 weeks collecting, to have a 90% percent fail rate and gain only 3 points.

At one point, we were told all +1,+2,+3 weapons would be put in game as drops. Obviously the +3 from P'tangh are still in, there are some of the top Weapons are in. Ancient Comp 3, Ancient Spear 3, Viper Blade 3 I know of. These are rare and only the +3 version drops that I know of. Should have put the 1 and 2 versions on same mobs with a little better drop rate in my opinion.

Never seen nor heard of anyone getting any of the lower to mid level +3 weapons. Be nice to see things like the Fine Steel Dagger 2 drop, or Hickory Long bow 2 drop. Put some mid level drops in there, as it is I think you can still get a rusted dirk 3 to drop from the red rat in lh dungeon, then you go all the way to 350 str before your next weapon drops, quite a stretch between +3 weapons.

It is strange how all armors that are craftable are found in game through drops though, maybe the GM's just need to go back and readdress the mob drops as far as weapons go.

I say, bring back the +1+2 dealers and use professions for all +3 weapons and armor upgrades.

Comment

I say, bring back the +1+2 dealers and use professions for all +3 weapons and armor upgrades.
      I agree with you man...It is difficult playing with the basic weapons. People I have spoke to told me that the crafting is extremely difficult to master. The fail rate is set incredibly high. Could you imagine using a Black Locust Comp +2 to make a BLC3 and it failed???
      Laid to Rest( Havoc )
      Deimos - 4x 230 Dragoon
      Osiris - 4x 211 Battlemage
      Pavati - 4x 220 Water Mage
      Nebula - 4x 199 Fire Mage
      Khepri - 4x 182 Light Mage
      WetYourDiaper - 4x 150 Poison Archer
      Jackpot - 4x 100 Archer

(Saga)
      Paschar - 3x 142 Air Mage
      Popcorn - 3x 140 Archer
      Deimos - 2x 11 Earth Mage

Comment

Each server has their own set of content. 4th saga has always been a different server. If their development team thought that removing +1 and +2 from venders was the way to enhance crafting and to entice players to do crafting that was their call on it. If you wish to discuss that with them, please feel free. These changes from what I understand has been in game for quite a while now.
        As far as you not knowing they were removed, you know 4th saga is different, you should expect different. Not every server is vircom original.
        You can either complain and be part of the problem or help and be part of the solution.

Comment

Each server has their own set of content. 4th saga has always been a different server. If their development team thought that removing +1 and +2 from venders was the way to enhance crafting and to entice players to do crafting that was their call on it. If you wish to discuss that with them, please feel free. These changes from what I understand has been in game for quite a while now.
          As far as you not knowing they were removed, you know 4th saga is different, you should expect different. Not every server is vircom original.
          Well, looks like nothing will change. Everyone I talked to say they agree with me. Removing the NPCs has not helped crafting. The only thing it did was make Cedar and Lancewood bows impossible to get. People have spent months farming crafting items to get Master in woodcrafting. As far as I know, there is nobody on Saga who is able to make a Cedar +3 or Lance +3...so how do you expect this server thrive when people can't even have equipment to level with???

I'm glad you took so much thought into the matter Mouse. Thanks for the quick response

~E
          Laid to Rest( Havoc )
          Deimos - 4x 230 Dragoon
          Jackpot - 4x 100 Archer

(Saga)
          Popcorn - 3x 140 Archer

Comment

@Mouse

Let me ask you this, would you pay 100$ for a Lancewood Comp+3 when you're able to purchase it from Lord of the Shops for 20mil? That's how much it is listed for in Saga's webshop. So nobody on Saga is able to craft Lancewood +3 after crafting being available for over a year, and the only way to get it is buy paying 100$.

I brought this to your attention because I think this is something that you should be concerned about...Saga HGM is obviously unwilling to change this if it's been going on for over a year now even when everyone is complaining about it...so your advice is to just keep bringing it up to Saga.

~E
            Laid to Rest( Havoc )
            Deimos - 4x 230 Dragoon
            Jackpot - 4x 100 Archer

(Saga)
            Popcorn - 3x 140 Archer

Comment

This is why players get pissed off and post negative comments on T4CBible...You could of said, I'll look into it... I guess I can't expect much.
              Laid to Rest( Havoc )
              Deimos - 4x 230 Dragoon
              Jackpot - 4x 100 Archer

(Saga)
              Popcorn - 3x 140 Archer

Comment

Originally posted by Evander View Post
                @Mouse

Let me ask you this, would you pay 100$ for a Lancewood Comp+3 when you're able to purchase it from Lord of the Shops for 20mil? That's how much it is listed for in Saga's webshop. So nobody on Saga is able to craft Lancewood +3 after crafting being available for over a year, and the only way to get it is buy paying 100$.

I brought this to your attention because I think this is something that you should be concerned about...Saga HGM is obviously unwilling to change this if it's been going on for over a year now even when everyone is complaining about it...so your advice is to just keep bringing it up to Saga.

~E
                I did not know it was listed at 100$. I would think this is a mistake and I will look into it. As I can not see 1 item being worth quite that much.
                Have you inquired with the HGM about the price of the item?
                You can either complain and be part of the problem or help and be part of the solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Mouse View Post
                  I did not know it was listed at 100$. I would think this is a mistake and I will look into it. As I can not see 1 item being worth quite that much.
                  Have you inquired with the HGM about the price of the item?
                  I just went and look at webshop and it was a mistake, old credit value was 10000 and when it was imputed the number was not converted to the new credit amount. I have fixed this.

Comment

@Mouse

No, I just noticed it the other day. I believe it was like 24 or 30$ before the updates because I was going to purchase one for my new archer.

~E
                    Laid to Rest( Havoc )
                    Deimos - 4x 230 Dragoon
                    Jackpot - 4x 100 Archer

(Saga)
                    Popcorn - 3x 140 Archer

Comment

Thank you Mouse. Really appreciate that because I don't know what I would do with my archer. I needed a bow lol
                      Laid to Rest( Havoc )
                      Deimos - 4x 230 Dragoon
                      Jackpot - 4x 100 Archer

(Saga)
                      Popcorn - 3x 140 Archer

Comment

Originally posted by Kustodian View Post
                        Entangle adjusted on multiple servers ... Vircom content.
                        Servers have touched on Entangle really ? Which ones ? Why are these changes undocumented ?

Same for +x weapons not being sold anywhere...

Anyway AFAIK Mouse has no control of what staff are doing in their respective servers. If you disagree with some choices better ask them directly ?
                        Last edited by Jeska; 09-01-2013, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Not trying to drag this out, just thought I would put in my two cents since I paid for a character on Saga this week and used to be a GM and play a lot a decade ago.

I think there should be a +1/+2 dealer and crafting for +3. I skimmed a lot of this forum after the first page but I think it's important for any GMs/Dialsoft/whoever to realize that this game has changed a lot because of the drop in players. There's still obviously a base of players that enjoy the game enough to stick around.

But you cant really buy items from players because no one is ever on. The amount of gold and items owned by all the players is a much smaller pool than it used to be. Plus I've only been back for a few days and 95% of the time I've been the only user on.

If anything I think the dealers should sell at least +1 weapons and monster drop rates should be increased. If I'm getting good drops I'm more likely to play, and I can't buy them off other users like I used to be able to.

I would like to say that I've noticed monster spawning has been increased (for instance the two tomb raiders) and I think that was an excellent choice.

I have always loved this game for the hack and slash leveling and cool drops/items. Crafting is for WoW and the like. I'm not interested in hunting plants and cooking. I want to kill goblins and get sweet stuff for it.

Thanks for reading if you did,

Happy Hunting

Comment

Unconfigured PHP Module

Collapse

Working...
                          X