• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RM: Account Sharing

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RM: Account Sharing

I know this is echoing previous posts from me, Onyx and many others but apparently it still needs saying...

To share your account names and passwords with other users is solely at your own risk, if you choose to do so and lose access to your account then that is your fault. There will be no staff assistance or recovering due to you sharing *personal details* (keyword: personal).

No saying "But I can give you the old details", "It was just one person", "I've known them for ages", "Please, I've been here xxx years".

We sympathise with you of course and understand how it must feel but we advised you beforehand and you either choose to follow that advice or act against it.

If you are currently account sharing, I advise you now to think again about to whom you're sharing.

Thanks.
    ---

~Alastor
    Retired Realmud HGM.
    <alastorhgm@gmail.com>

Good thing you brought this up Alastor. I have had a few people so far ask me to be the middleman of trading toons/accounts. I will not be nor will any other staff be the "middle man" this means, as Alastor is stressing above, DO AT YOU OWN RISK.
    Bo EM
    EX-Realmud Staff

Comment

The only exception of trading characters is via the Character Transfer payment option, that is the only assistance provided by Realmud - as long as you follow the set criteria of:

1. The account that wants to transfer a character must be the one making the payment.
      2. They need to email a HGM with their account name (that made the purchase) and the character to transfer’s name.
      3. State what account they want it to be transferred to.

It is also good form for the 'receiving account' to get in touch to give the all's clear beforehand.
      ---

~Alastor
      Retired Realmud HGM.
      <alastorhgm@gmail.com>

Comment

Well said guys, thank you.

Comment

You can also find the threads on Account Sharing and Account Details located on Realmud news, so there's absolutely no way of not seeing it.

Please follow and be careful.
          ---

~Alastor
          Retired Realmud HGM.
          <alastorhgm@gmail.com>

Comment

d: lol ¿ɯǝɥʇ ƃuıɹǝʌoɔǝɹ ɥʇıʍ ʇno ɐʇsıs ɐ dlǝɥ uɐɔ noʎ ʞuıɥʇ ˙˙˙pǝʞɔɐɾ-ıɥ ʇoƃ sʇunoɔɔɐ ʎɯ

Comment

unless your sharing your account with me, i used to level peoples toons on all servers for $ per lvl back in the day and may start it back up again. contact me if you're interested.

Comment

I know this is echoing previous posts from me, Onyx and many others but apparently it still needs saying...

To share your account names and passwords with other users is solely at your own risk, if you choose to do so and lose access to your account then that is your fault. There will be no staff assistance or recovering due to you sharing *personal details* (keyword: personal).

No saying "But I can give you the old details", "It was just one person", "I've known them for ages", "Please, I've been here xxx years".

We sympathise with you of course and understand how it must feel but we advised you beforehand and you either choose to follow that advice or act against it.

If you are currently account sharing, I advise you now to think again about to whom you're sharing.

Thanks.
                You can either complain and be part of the problem or help and be part of the solution.

Comment

Unconfigured PHP Module

Collapse

Working...
                X