X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucifer
    started a topic Ever Write a quest for T4C

Ever Write a quest for T4C

Send your quest ideas to Lucifer@t4c.com and if they are good enough I will make them come to life on Trilogy.. Serious quest only
    Last edited by Lucifer; 04-03-2012, 08:12 AM.

• Saga HGM
    replied
    I love a good story line, Its quite time consuming to make but I believe its well worth it.

Leave a comment:

• Shinigami
    replied
    Leave it to me to bring up an old thread... *sigh*
    Oh well. :-P
    Am I the only one who actually reads storylines?
    The story of T4C is actually what drew me in all those years ago and part of what kept me here.
    I play MMORPGs not just for the bip-bip-bip-boom "ahaha you're dead!", but also for the roleplay aspect of it. I mean, an MMO without a story is just dull in my humble opinion. And playing one without knowing the story is just darn confusing. So what if I have these items and abilities if I don't know where I got them and what their significance is?
    So even today, 12 years after I started playing T4C, I still find myself reading the dialogues and getting immersed in the storylines. For me, it's part of the fun!

There ya go, my 2 cents... keep the change...

Leave a comment:

• Kaden
    replied
    luci check your e-mail

Leave a comment:

• Ego DT
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer View Post
    Maybe I will stop putting the keywords in and players can figure it out on their own, guess if they not pay attention to story line they won't be able to figure it out.
    That would probably backfire, a new player, who doesn't know the game, would quit within 10 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer
    replied
    Maybe I will stop putting the keywords in and players can figure it out on their own, guess if they not pay attention to story line they won't be able to figure it out.

Leave a comment:

• Jeska
    replied
    Storyline is the thing most players don't really care, but without any storyline in added content it feels out of place and ill integrated into the rest of the game. That job of integration of new content to make it feel it has always been part of the original game is the biggest challenge in addon design.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer
    replied
    Hey tberry just wanted ya to know that quest is on Trilogy main now

Leave a comment:

• Ego DT
    replied
    I never read any quests, even the ones i have never done before. As long as gms keep putting keywords in white letters ill never have too. Of course im usually the guy on main asking wtf is going on, and where do i have to go next? So maybe i should i guess.

Leave a comment:

• tberry-cc
    replied
    Originally posted by Kiya GM View Post
    exactly Onyx! people really arent into Story Lines unless they are into RP aspects of a game. Most are there to get items, PvP, kill mobs, socialize, etc. Story lines can be pointless to the majority. Thus, why if an EM, GM, or HGM was to run a history trivia event and really dig deep into the story line to make them think and have to actually read the quest lines, most people would be like DUH! HUH??? Those who really pay attention to story and quest lines are the winners.

I could prolly come up with some really good deep questions that most would fail at due to the idea of Keyword, go, keyword, go
    That's because new players and old players dont want long ass confusing drawn out stories behind the quest they want an easy simple to understand questline that is rewarding all ppl do the quests for is the reward in any MMO not to simple just enjoy the story behinde it I mean like other than the main storyline behine t4c all the add-on quests that servers have added making new islands ect have nothing to do with the main storyline of T4C.... and ppl still do read what the npc says if they dont they have obviously done the quest like 100 times cause as we all know you have to do the game quests what 5 time just to get to 4x and some servers more x's meaning doing the same quests knowing the storyline right from the get go of corse it keyword,go,keyword,go but new players that have never done the game get drawn into the storyline I know I did when I first found this game.

Leave a comment:

• Kiya GM
    replied
    Originally posted by Onyx View Post
    Quest line.. Whats that ? :P

Yeah for the most part, there are very few folks that actually read the story behind the questing...

Keyword, go, keyword, go, keyword, go...
    exactly Onyx! people really arent into Story Lines unless they are into RP aspects of a game. Most are there to get items, PvP, kill mobs, socialize, etc. Story lines can be pointless to the majority. Thus, why if an EM, GM, or HGM was to run a history trivia event and really dig deep into the story line to make them think and have to actually read the quest lines, most people would be like DUH! HUH??? Those who really pay attention to story and quest lines are the winners.

I could prolly come up with some really good deep questions that most would fail at due to the idea of Keyword, go, keyword, go

Leave a comment:

• tberry-cc
    replied
    Thanks yes please let me know if it ends up being used I would like to do it my self on Trilogy who knows it might just suck me in to a new realm :P lol

Leave a comment:

• Ego DT
    replied
    Havoc used to have a little dirk like that years ago, was really awesome for players that were tanking there end! Dk if it had aura hooked to it, or if it was just a fire effect, but it was op as hell, could lvl off the thing till you got to sh and beyond if you needed too.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer
    replied
    I have never tried to duplicate the seraph aura but i already have this quest finished and running on test server will let you know the results tberry.

Leave a comment:

• tberry-cc
    replied
    Thanks for the positive support! Oh kool to know that the main npc's arent really the best for making new quests on so I guess if you use it its up to you to make a kool new npc for the quest I just though it would stick better to T4C if it wasnt just some new made up dude. Also the weapon I thought was just a kool little noobie weapon never heard or seen one b4 on any server but the boosts could be whatever you felt was fair really.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured PHP Module

Collapse

Working...
X