X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pochizzled
    started a topic x3 warrior

x3 warrior

Would love some advice, i know i have not given a lot of info but don't know much.

Any help would be appreciate and the first thing i am curious about is what you spend seraph points on?
    I will be building for pvp.

Thanks in advanced.

Server is 4 Saga, but would like any advice in general.
    Sorry for a second thread, but would appreciate help.

• Stinga
    replied
    Originally posted by MaDuiN View Post
    IIRC, Dispel causes a 2 second exhaust once you "max the speed of the spell". Also, the calculation to maximum speed of the spell does not actually work that way to low level spells. I tried with Protection, and it maxed out its speed at level 30ish, if I remember correctly. Turn Undead, for example, Also maxes earlier than level 50, and this I tested over and over again. I think it reaches it max speed around level 44ish.

However, your calculation is correct and it seems reliable when calculating over level 25 spells max speed. However, the lower spells actually does seem to max their speed quicker, i.e. Not 25+(required level for spell+(required level for spell/2). I had a level 45 Earth Mage, and it had maxed Shatter speed. It didnt get any quicker by level 50, atleast my eyes could not see any difference, even though it should max at level 52.
    With lower-level spells you start pretty close to max speed already, so the quickening of speed goes alot faster up to a certain point and you reach under 1.05 seconds like 5-10 levels before, so the speed missing is rather negligeable. That's why it's alot more noticeable with higher level spells.

Leave a comment:

• MaDuiN
    replied
    Originally posted by Stinga View Post
    All single target spells have the maximum of one second cast delay when you reach the following level : levelreq+(levelreq/2)+25. So for example, you reach full meteor speed of 1 cast/second at lvl 175.
    The exception for single target spells is dispel, which causes full exhaust for 2.5 seconds IIRC and is unaffected by caster level. (well, obviously sanctuary and mana burst are different exceptions as well, but that isn't important here)
    IIRC, Dispel causes a 2 second exhaust once you "max the speed of the spell". Also, the calculation to maximum speed of the spell does not actually work that way to low level spells. I tried with Protection, and it maxed out its speed at level 30ish, if I remember correctly. Turn Undead, for example, Also maxes earlier than level 50, and this I tested over and over again. I think it reaches it max speed around level 44ish.

However, your calculation is correct and it seems reliable when calculating over level 25 spells max speed. However, the lower spells actually does seem to max their speed quicker, i.e. Not 25+(required level for spell+(required level for spell/2). I had a level 45 Earth Mage, and it had maxed Shatter speed. It didnt get any quicker by level 50, atleast my eyes could not see any difference, even though it should max at level 52.

Leave a comment:

• Stinga
    replied
    All single target spells have the maximum of one second cast delay when you reach the following level : levelreq+(levelreq/2)+25. So for example, you reach full meteor speed of 1 cast/second at lvl 175.
    The exception for single target spells is dispel, which causes full exhaust for 2.5 seconds IIRC and is unaffected by caster level. (well, obviously sanctuary and mana burst are different exceptions as well, but that isn't important here)

Therefore, with a blade such as AB3 and a bit of practice, you lose no swing time casting plague, then attacking, then heal light, then attacking, then entangle, then attacking, and so on.

Heal light after plague can mean 1k+ difference in damage depending on your opponent's hp, which is (depending on the pot type you're using) quite substantial. If you fight vs someone in a low-pot battle (pk situation) or a no-pot battle (duel), it can easily change the outcome of the fight. Relying on instant aura procs is just silly. As you can cast heal light after your first swing without losing an attack, it is simply non-optimal to not cast it.

@Flash, I was saying no to this part
    1 cast = like 2 swings
    Getting dispel is a preference thing.. in 1v1 fights it can be used if you are fighting against a noob who won't notice you casting it (your opponent would have to be pretty bad to not notice you doing nothing for 2 seconds), but as you can re-cast plague with no down-time, you're just shooting yourself in the foot.

But in larger (5v5 or 8v8) fights, dispelling your healer in the midst of a huge cloud of spells is much more difficult to notice, and a healer unaffected by curse and plague pretty much doubles in effectiveness. I don't know if your server has clan wars or group pvp events or organised group pvp in general.

It's also nice to remove plague after a fight, I always found the constant plague proc animation over 5 minutes annoying as all hell (that and overall loss of hp and damage). But that shouldn't be your only motivation to get the spell =)
    Last edited by Stinga; 12-17-2012, 11:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Flash
    replied
    Fair enough. :P

Leave a comment:

• MaDuiN
    replied
    Dispel has the same cast time as Chain Lightning and Flamewave, there are some others that have the same 2 second cast time but yes, during attacks if you cast Dispel, you cannot attack normally as you would/could if you caster minor combat, major combat sense, protection, entangle and so on..

Leave a comment:

• Ego DT
    replied
    dispel unlike heal light does delay your swing, It has a nasty delay before can cast or do anything after it. I always get heal light for plague, on every toon, but it is't going to be a game changer either way.

Leave a comment:

• Flash
    replied
    No to which part? If you go 114 Int, which many people do, dont you typically get dispel?

My point on heal light is strictly personal as I said. If you believe that it is good then get it. I personally have never gotten a heal spell on a warrior before and been fine. Plague only effects the bottom line. Chances are their aura will go off, they will dispel, or they will heal themselves at some point early in the battle anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Stinga
    replied
    Curse can be optionnal if priests and paladins sucks on your server (in most cases they do, i.e. servers w/o addons).
    Vircom AP paladins with AMS3 are actually really badass, especially vs warriors.

Ok on the note of heal light. sure its nice but I personally dont even find it worth the points / time to cast it when in a match. 1 cast = like 2 swings of a dagger so you will most likely do that damage fairly quickly. granted if the person has a ton of health and get plagued you heal can be good. however they can always dispel, as most other mages/paladins get this.
    No.

Leave a comment:

• Jeska
    replied
    Curse can be optionnal if priests and paladins sucks on your server (in most cases they do, i.e. servers w/o addons).

I would have the same reasoning than for resist fire regarding Curse.

Leave a comment:

• Ego DT
    replied
    Exactly, it's just light hit/heal on a pally, if you time it right it never effects your swing time.. And it's only like 9 points, not like 9 dodge or 9 more att is gonna do a whole hell of alot..

Leave a comment:

• MaDuiN
    replied
    Originally posted by Flash View Post
    Ok on the note of heal light. sure its nice but I personally dont even find it worth the points / time to cast it when in a match. 1 cast = like 2 swings of a dagger so you will most likely do that damage fairly quickly. granted if the person has a ton of health and get plagued you heal can be good. however they can always dispel, as most other mages/paladins get this.
    Im guessing you do not know about using spell in between attacks, without actually slowing attacking. Of course, unless your weapon hits more than 60 times per minute, then your spells will slow your attacks to max 60 times per minute.

Leave a comment:

• Flash
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ego DT
    replied
    Originally posted by Pochizzled View Post
    Do i get tranq? Was told no because of the extra healing spells i would need
    No tranq! heal light like Stinga said is only heal spell.

Leave a comment:

• Stinga
    replied
    With 72 wis and 114 int, you want :

NOT OPTIONAL
    - heal light (after casting plague, your opponent doesn't automatically lose the hp unless you cast heal light on him)
    - protection (requirement for mana shield)
    - barrier (requirement for mana shield)
    - mana shield (duh)
    - invisibility (duh)
    - minor combat sense (duh)
    - major combat sense (duh)
    - plague (duh)
    - curse (duh)
    - entangle (duh)
    - nimbleness (+ dodge)

OPTIONAL
    - earthen strength (nice for a few extra pots and some damage.. if you remove your warden's before casting, you get decent amounts of str)
    - stoneskin (same with ES but for AC)
    - dispel (not really useful solo, really really useful if you fight in teams.. dispelling your healer often means the difference between win and lose)
    - resist fire (if your server has nasty fire mages)

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured PHP Module

Collapse

Working...
X