Quest log?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quest log?

Hello im an older player who quit about a year ago (was never any good) but had a few Characters on Realmud and Trilogy. I was wanting to play any one of them again, but i just dont like picking back up where i left off. Especially not knowing where i was before i quit. To get to my point. Is there any server out there that has a quest log? or some way of knowing what part of the quest lines I have started or finished.

I have been checking the forums every now and then seeing that there is a new version out. I dont know if it also came with a quest log or not.

The new version, 1.72 has a quest log built into it. However I dont know exactly how it works, i think it is up to the gms of the server if it is working or not..

I play on Saga, and i opened the Quest log on a few accounts and it seems to not be active yet. And im not really sure if it will pop up old quest that you had started in previous vesion either, atleast on Saga it doesn't show any that i had started on any of my Chars.

Comment

The quest log has to be updated per server which requires all the original quests being added. Followed by server specific quests. Its a very long process and is being worked on. Once it has all been completed it will be able to tell you what quests you have completed as well as any quests you are currently working on and where in the quest you are currently. Maybe anyone else who may know more on this will also reply.
      Realmud Game Master
      Thea@T4C.com
      Have Fun!!!

Comment

The quest editor is for new content only not for orginal vircom content.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer View Post
          The quest editor is for new content only not for orginal vircom content.
          So quest like CS wont show up on it anyway? Seems like there would be a way to fit it into the mix?

Comment

More exactly, original Vircom content has to be edited in order to be tracked with the Quest Log feature. It's a huge lot of work, even NMS-Révolution has only a dozen of the original quests listed.

Comment

@ Jeska. Why would this be the case? Is not all of the correct information for vircom quests in the editor?

Comment

Because the way Vircom has written its quests (flags wise) makes it difficult to be tracked down with the quest log and thus requires some adaptations in the original code to be done. That seems to be a cumbersome operation if you ask me.

Comment

Unconfigured PHP Module

Collapse

Working...
                X