Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RealMUD - Paladin Build

Hello All,

I'm wanting to build a Paladin; I've researched the web, with not much related info.

NO - I do not want a MAGE - I have the time!

Roll Stats: STR 20, END 20, AGI 10, WIS 18, INT 11

My current issue is Dealing Damage, as I build END?

Also, can someone point me to the information on REBIRTH, I'd like to know how Build PTS are effected.

Current lvl 12, build strategy:

First to 300 End = Lvl 56

Then to 76 Int = lvl 69 (18 Wis, 76Int)

Then to 235 Wis = lvl 113

Next to 300 Str = lvl 169

Thento 75 Agi = lvl 182

Back to Int for 174 = lvl 202
    Last edited by Schpankme; 04-05-2013, 10:25 AM.

Ok first off. Welcome to the forum . Secondly we need to go over some game mechanics/play.

The way rebirth works is that you can rebirth at level 75, 80, 85, 90 on RM. For your first rebirth your base stats are set at 25, for everything. For each rebirth after that your starting base stats are increased by 5. 2x = 30, 3x =35, 4x =40. So as you can see it is like gaining an additional 5 levels worth of stat points with each additional server. Also you get your seraph aura and seraph stat points. Your seraph aura will heal you and auto attack mobs that hit you successfully. Your seraph stat points can be spent to increase any stat, including resists, powers, hp, mp, stats, but not ENC (increases with STR anyway), or LUCK (this would be nice to increase).

This means as a human/mortal build you want to end your build no greater than level 75! As a human you are also not so concerned about going straight end to get the most end because this will not be your final build. As a paladin it is difficult being a mortal but some of the best players back in the day built mortal paladins pre-SH. I would recommend getting the STR for a decent low level weapon (say 39 for Rusted Hand Axe+3) then increase your end for Chainmail (I prefer chainmail). Once this is done I would add your wisdom to 41 then up your STR to 40 (from 39). This will give you steel-reinforced warhammer+3 and a nice protection spell to help boost AC. Once this is done I would then either increase my END to 100 or go for some INT for Raven Dust protection spells. The build can really go anywhere from here. You do not want to get more than 125 end as a mortal that is going to seraph, especially if you are going to have the spells of a paladin. I say 100 instead of 125 because your 25 stat points would be better spent on WIS, STR, or INT to ensure you get the best spells and weapon, which will make up for your lower end very easily.

Comment

Want to make a mortal paladin? Ballsy.

If you are a badass and don't really care about end-game power, then building a human paladin is really challenging. What Flash says is decent, although forget the steel reinforced thingy and go with a blessed hand axe which requires 39 strength (sorry Flash, dunno if you play on RM, they have stuff for lower levels!). Once you have that, aim for 125 endurance for plate mail, then either 150 strength to wear bluestone and then start on int/wis. The alternative is to start with wis now, until you get 100 or so and 59 int, then start getting endurance to hit 125 for platemail. Get stone shard, shatter, earthquake (and then later on boulder), the heal spells, and the protection spells (protection, barrier, stone skin, and later on mana shield when you get 76 int at the very latest before lvl 50).

Refer to this page for spells by level.

Otherwise, if you do have the time, it would be much more rewarding to build a 4 times rebirthed paladin, which will be alot easier to level and will be exponentially more powerful in the end. The way rebirth works is that you get to lvl 75 as a human, you do a quest (check the quests section of the bible), and at the end you get sent back to level 1 with 25 all stats like Flash said, as well as seraph points that you can use to increase you inherent elemental powers and resistances. On top of that, you will be learning the game as you go, you will be able to make mistakes and farm up some good loot on the way to prepare for your awesome 4x character ready to fight on the 4th isle.

If you do this, I recommend you don't go the fastest way from 0x to 4x by simply making light mages or fire mages, I would suggest that you start with an omnimage (a mage that learns all spells), because all 3 first islands have monsters that are weak to certain elements, and this way you can really learn how all the spells work and what they feel like to use. Then you can screw around with your other rebirths (because seraphs are immensly more powerful), making for example a bluestone warrior for 1x, a leather archer for 2x, or a 3x battlemage.

Good luck, and if you have any questions whatsoever, don't hesitate to ask.
      ~Stinga
      stinga@t4c.com

Est solarus oth mithas

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post

This means as a human/mortal build you want to end your build no greater than level 75!
        As a human you are also not so concerned about going straight end to get the most END, because this will not be your final build.
        As a paladin it is difficult being a mortal but some of the best players back in the day built mortal paladins pre-SH.
        Originally posted by Stinga View Post

Want to make a mortal paladin? Ballsy.
        If you are a badass and don't really care about end-game power, then building a human paladin is really challenging.
        If you have the time, it would be much more rewarding to build a 4 times rebirthed paladin, which will be alot easier to level and will be exponentially more powerful in the end.

Thank you both, for your fast response and details.

Best regards,

Schpankme Verimuch

Comment

Unconfigured PHP Module

Collapse

Working...
        X