• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bible UPDATE

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what would you say would make it easier to navigate?

Comment

I agree. I have made a few posts about suggestions to ease this. I have also made some changes already to the left navigation box to make it a tad easier.
      AS well, you realize Old bible was easy to navigate because everyone knew where things where Takes a little getting used.. I know..

But any and All input is welcome.
      Last edited by Onyx; 02-19-2012, 02:01 PM.

Comment

The new look is nice, but i agree with Ark also.. We play t4c, since when does looks really matter too any of us. The old bible was perfect to me as a user of the site. If the new site is easier for you guys that run it, and maintain it then thats good too. But me personally as a guy that plays t4c, the old site did the job just fine.

Either way, its probably like Onyx said, just a matter of getting used too. If not well i always have a link to see the old page.

Comment

The update to bible wasn't only about looks. It was about security and outdated software. The old server/forum was old enough that it was getting to the point we could not secure the information contained. As forums and such out date the chances of hacks and exploits increase.
          You can either complain and be part of the problem or help and be part of the solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Mouse View Post
            The update to bible wasn't only about looks. It was about security and outdated software. The old server/forum was old enough that it was getting to the point we could not secure the information contained. As forums and such out date the chances of hacks and exploits increase.
            Yeah could see how it was really outdated software wise, it was very old, i can completely understand the need to upgrade. I just got so used to the old page, and where everything was located, that the new one seems hard to get used to. Im one of those old guys that doesn't like change now ( yeah i have become that guy). Ill get used to it, in mean time good job to all the hard work you guys are doing, alot of stuff to move over to new site.

I really hope that some of the old forum pages could actually be saved, i sometimes go in there and look back 8 -9 years and read what was going on at the time. It's like traveling back in time reading some of those old posts.. So funny to see what people were building as the game progressed, i can spend hours in there just reading thru the past!

Comment

The whole sections thing on the side is what gets me. I click on those and then I get a shit ton of other page choices. Might be easier to do a one and done. For instance. You click the tab in the section menu and below that section all the sub sections appear and then you click the one you want and it pops up in the main area. Its very tough to navigate otherwise IMO.

Comment

Only downside with the new interface is that a lot of information was lost. There where tons of buttons that all had some kind of info on them. There where like introduction buttons, and I dont remember the buttons on the bot left of the old bible but I also want those back.
                Abo 1: Major Gump x3 (Archer), Minor Gump x3 (Warr).
                Abo 2: Iva Major Ivy x2 (Warr), Sylver Major x3 (Warr), Ivah Major x3 (Warr), Major Ivy x2 (Archer), Vul Major Ivy x2 (Paladin), Arch Major x1 (Light Mage).
                Abo 3: Major Gump x2 Level 130+ (Warr), Arch Ivy x1 Level 57(Fire Mage)
                Abo 4: Major x2 Level 143+ (Warr), Major Sneeking x0 Level 90+ (Archer)

Comment

I will be doing an update on bible today

Comment

Unconfigured PHP Module

Collapse

Working...
                  X